We encourage constituents to stay home (get fresh air, but keep physical distance), avoid crowds, and practice social distancing where possible. Here are are some best practices from the World Health Organization:
- Stay home as much as reasonably possible;
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water;
- Maintain social distance by staying at least six feet away from those you are speaking with;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing, either with a bent elbow or a tissue;
- Seek medical attention if you have a fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing;
- If you have travelled recently, remain self-isolated for 14 days upon returning to Canada.
If you are concerned you may have COVID-19, please use this online self-assessment tool or call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.