TO THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF ONTARIO:
WHEREAS Ontarians should get health care based on need — not the size of your wallet;
WHEREAS Premier Doug Ford and Health Minister Sylvia Jones say they’re planning to privatize parts of health care;
WHEREAS privatization will bleed nurses, doctors and PSWs out of our public hospitals, making the health care crisis worse;
WHEREAS privatization always ends with patients getting a bill;
THEREFORE WE THE UNDERSIGNED petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario to immediately stop all plans to further privatize Ontario’s healthcare system, and fix the crisis in health care by:
● Repealing Bill 124 and recruiting, retaining and respecting doctors, nurses and PSWs with better pay and better working conditions.
● Licensing tens of thousands of internationally educated nurses and other health care professionals already in Ontario, who wait years and pay thousands to have their credentials certified.
● Making education and training free or low-cost for nurses, doctors and other health care professionals.
● Incentivizing doctors and nurses to choose to live and work in Northern Ontario.
● Funding hospitals to have enough nurses on every shift, in every ward.